Very few people are born with “perfect” teeth. If you want to improve your smile, you’ll have to take good care of your teeth. You may also consider dental procedures to keep them sparkling and white. Here at the Redondo Beach Dental Center, we offer cosmetic dentistry procedures that can give you a brighter, more aesthetic smile. Here’s what you need to know.
What Causes Cosmetic Issues with Teeth?
There are many potential reasons behind dental problems. These can include genetics, habits, and your overall health. Here are a few of the things that can affect the appearance of your teeth.
- Brushing habits. Dental professionals recommend brushing twice per day and flossing daily. Skipping this habit will likely lead to dental problems.
- Food and drink. Sugary foods, caffeinated beverages, and alcohol can stain and damage your teeth.
- Genetics. Some people have genetic conditions that can cause your teeth to appear yellow, get more cavities, and produce more bacteria.
- Tobacco or nicotine. Tobacco and nicotine can both lead to oral health issues such as staining and decay.
- Other health issues. Having other health issues, such as acid reflux, can affect the health and appearance of your teeth.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
One of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures is teeth whitening. Teeth whitening is a type of dental procedure that involves cleaning stains and fixing discoloration. Here are the teeth whitening procedures that we offer at the Dental Center of Redondo Beach.
- Teeth Polishing, which smooths the surface of your teeth and removes surface staining.
- Teeth Bleaching, which uses whitening ingredients to lighten the color of your teeth.
- Microabrasion, where the teeth are polished with an abrasive solution.
- In-Office Whitening Gels, where a whitening solution is applied to your teeth in our dental office.
Dental Crowns or Implants
Dental crowns might be the solution for you if you have broken or missing teeth. Dental crowns are a type of cosmetic dentistry that involves placing an artificial cap over the top of your tooth, creating a smooth, healthy appearance. Often, crowns are used together to create a more even smile. You can also get implants to completely and permanently replace missing teeth.
If you don’t like your natural teeth and you wish you could completely reinvent them, you may be interested in veneers. Veneers are a porcelain material that is applied to the front of your teeth. The white porcelain creates a more even, bright smile. Veneers may be a good options for patients looking for a longer-lasting solution or patients who have severely stained teeth, gaps, or chips.
Get the Perfect Smile at the Redondo Beach Dental Center
At the Dental Center of Redondo Beach, we can help you get a perfect, white smile with the help of cosmetic dentistry options. We’ll help you figure out the best options for your needs. Book an appointment today!