Teeth Cleaning Redondo Beach Dental Services
Do I really need my teeth professionally cleaned?
Even patients who brush regularly should have a professional cleaning by their dentist at least twice a year. The tartar will develop even with standard brushing and flossing. It cannot be removed by standard routine cleaning at home.
In our practice at Dental Center Of Redondo Beach, the dentists use a special instrument to loosen and remove the deposits from the teeth for you. Since they have expert knowledge, skill, and tools, dentists can remove tartar that patients are unable to reach on their own.
A great way to remove tartar is to have your next teeth cleaning service at Dental Center of Redondo Beach thus maintaining healthy-looking teeth.
Keeping your teeth and gums clean helps prevent gum disease and tooth decay, which can lead to cavities and tooth loss, however, oral issues are more easily cured with early detection. Without early intervention, most dental problems progress and are likely to require treatment that is more invasive, painful and costly.
Why do my gums bleed during professional teeth cleanings?
When gums bleed during a dental cleaning, it’s most often due to an excess growth of bacteria at the gum line. This build-up is actually the first stage of gum disease, known as gingivitis.
Gingivitis causes gum sensitivity. Therefore, when inflamed gums are touched, even gently by your dentist’s brushes and tools, they can bleed.
What are the symptoms of gingivitis?
Many people are not aware that they have gingivitis. It is very likely to have gum disease without any symptoms. However, the following can be symptoms of gingivitis:
- pus between the teeth and the gums
- gums that are tender, red, or swollen
- gums that have pulled away from the teeth
- typically loose teeth
- a bad smelling odor of breath that doesn’t go away after you brush your teeth
- a change in the way your teeth fit together when biting ( malocclusion )
- partial dentures that do not fit anymore
- gums that bleed when you brush or floss
- symptoms of pain when chewing
- a sensitive teeth
Besides cleaning my teeth, what does a routine dental exam entail?
In addition to thoroughly cleaning your teeth and gums, dental examinations at Dental Center of Redondo Beach include:
- A complete evaluation of your teeth, gums and overall oral health.
- Oral screening for any indication of cancer. Oral cancer has an exceptionally high fatality rate. Furthermore, it’s often not detected by patients on their own in the earliest, most treatable stage.
- X-rays, which enable Dr. Gharibian to detect any problems lying under the gums or between teeth, including decay, cavities, bone loss, and wisdom teeth.
- Fluoride treatment, which helps prevent cavities.
Teeth cleaning Redondo Beach, a professional dental cleaning are essential to maintaining healthy gums and teeth, which in turn, can impact a patient’s overall health. With more than two decades of professional experience, Dr. Alen Gharibian, DDS provides state-of-the-art teeth cleaning for patients in Redondo Beach, Lawndale, CA, and throughout the entire South Bay area. Alen Gharibian, DDS